Thursday 22 November 2012

Gilbert's new Highwayman verses


They had bound her up at attention

Laughing their heads off like hyenas

Tying a rifle to her breast

With the barrel pointing at her

The landlords daughter struggled, struggled, struggled

The landlord’s daughter struggled until the highwayman arrived

She had a distraught look on her face

As she knew the soldiers would hear the highwayman on his horse.

 

The very tight knot that Bess could not get out of

Sweat and blood showed and she gave up instantly

Hours crawled by like decades

The brink of midnight came and still he did not come

But then the tip of her finger touched the trigger of the gun.

 

 

There he came riding, riding riding

There she shot herself

And he rode off as quick as lightning

To get away from the ‘danger’.

 

 

 

When The Highwayman heard his love had died

His face filled with grief in an instant

The highwayman rushed back yelling like a crazy man

Killing all the soldiers as he went and to see her who he loved …. dead.

 

 

 

The silhouette of houses like a ghost town

Ghosts filling the air

I am thinking about my loved one the highwayman I sacrificed my life for him

And how he managed to kill all those soldiers

I am so honoured that I loved such a courageous man.

 

 

 


By Gilbert

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I like it gilbert because the similies that you used (laughed there heads off like hyenas) wasa good description and is one that I would put into a poem book by me.I thought it could be better not haveing so much space in between the verses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your poem, your similies are great.I think it was a good thing that the Highwayman didn't die at the end. I think you could make your poem better by changing it slightly more from the original poem.

    ReplyDelete