Thursday 22 November 2012

Simon's new Highwayman verses


The mist spread on trees as the Highwayman flees from a guard and came dashing, dashing, dashing.

He came to the creaky old inn door and sneaked as sly as a fox to meet Bess that waits in her room.

 Tim sees the thief and sends a letter to King George’s men that were already prepared for the Highwayman.

The Highwayman hears the clattering of the guards and hides under a pile of canvas…

King George’s guards charged in with Tim wright behind them and started searching every spec of the place and.

Then the thief peered through a hole and Bess told him to crawl out and run away.

The highwayman peeked again an sneaked out while they weren’t looking and Bess went with him and they never came back not even back to the country and went far, far, far away

 

By Simon Hill

2 comments:

  1. I read my own.

    I think I kept the features and styles of the Highwayman.
    I used rymes in nearly every verse.
    I didn't use metaphors.

    I read Timi's.

    He did his rhymes well.
    It was fun to read.
    Spellings could have had more care.

    I read Simon's.

    He used the style of the Highwayman.
    It was a really intresting view of the Highwayman.
    Didn't use the features of a poem.

    By Sebi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was long and I liked it although you could put
    more similies .

    ReplyDelete